Why Choose Hardwood Flooring?
- Aesthetically pleasing, bringing a spacious, warm and inviting feeling to any home.
- Significant increase to the value of your home
- Easy to maintain, keep clean, low maintenance
- Versatile- can be refinished multiple times, stain color and type of polyurethane can be changed
Types of Wood Floors:
- Unfinished- this type of wood flooring can be custom installed, stained and finished as desired
- Pre-finished- this type of flooring does not require sanding, is available in a wide variety of colors and species
- Laminate flooring- this type of flooring is durable, versatile and available in many styles and colors
- Engineered flooring- can be installed below ground level, on concrete slabs or other areas where humidity levels may be high
Types of Polyurethane:
- Water based – Fast drying, durable finish. Low odor, color remains consistent over time. Drying time is approximately 2 hours between coats. Typically four coats are applied.
- Oil based – Durable coating providing a deep, rich tone to any floor. Drying time is approximately 24 hours between coats. Floor color will amber over time. Typically three coats are applied.